2nd time travel to ChiangMai Thailand. Whats interesting?
It has been 1.5 years since last trip (in April 2018).
This time we travel 25 november 2019 – 4 december 2019
My wife and I went to check the condition of her apartment, which she successfully rents on airbnb. www.airbnb.com/rooms/18068776
Flight from Guangzhou to ChiangMai – China Southern Airlines 950 rmb (go and back).
In their mobile app i ordered a special seafood meal set for free . Box with food was in 1.5 times more, than others) Mini-bonus.
So whats good in ChiangMai?
Notes on what I liked in 10 days:
Rotee+banana 30 baht. Local pancake
Mango Sticky rice 30-50 baht. Very delicious thai dessert!
Tom Yam soup – no comments, super!
And Thai tea! Very tasty, like cocoa (photo above)
Interesting places in ChiangMai city:
1. Mueang Mai Market – big fresh market.
Close to U.S. Consulate General Chiang Mai
There we bought 3 huge crabs for 440 baht and cooked at home.
Coconuts for 25 baht, watermelon 40 baht, and more. All inexpensive!
2. Around Phae Gate:
– massage for 180 baht per hour (cheaper only in Wat pan Whaen – 160 baht)
– soup with noodles and meat for 40 baht
– restaurant LERT ROS where can eat amazing fish:
3. In 10 days we visited about 10 temples, including Silver temple:
We liked Wat Chedi Luang Worawihan temple.
And near – Wat Jed Lin temple:
4. One day we went on a night Safari. Tickets bought in the app Fliggy 飞猪. It turned out cheaper than at the checkout, and even the transfer was free! But we looked Safari at 4 PM- ppl tell this time better!
5. Big street market, close to Hard Rock cafe
6. Near our flat “Palm Spings Nimman Parlor”:
– nice shopping mall Central Kad Suan Kaew.
There we opened bank card.
– Makro supermarket (big one)
– 2-storey cosmetics shop and everything for hairdressers. Great price.
– One Nimman – already an iconic venue for events
– Maya shopping mall and great market behind
– 71export – big shop with cheap clothes from US.
– restaurant Nara – across Maya. Expensive by local standards, but all very tasty! Crab with a soft shell-yummy.
7. Kad Manee market near shopping mall: Central Plaza airport. Here I ate fried rice in pineapple, fried ribs.
Other shopping centers where we visited: Central Plaza airport, Central Festival – both are good!
Huge shopping mall BIG C Extra – belongs to AEON. Prices there were as everywhere, only the choice is large.
8. Sunday market in ChiangMai as always surprises with a huge number of traders and tourists!
What else we did?
Enjoyed zip-line in forest! Skyline Adventure www.skylineadventure.com
42 stations Zip-line, 900 meters longest one + Luge (mini karts) 2100 meters!
ChiangMai also has many elephant farms, mountains and waterfalls.
But this will remain on the next trip!
Noticed that in Thailand popular apps are: Grab (taxi, food) and Foodpanda.
After living in Guangzhou, the prices for everything are amazing-it seems that everything is very cheap!
Our apartment on airbnb is available from February 3, 2020. Only long stay guests welcome (more than 1 month rent).
www.chiangmai-city.ru – my web-site about ChiangMai
On the sea and beach in Thailand i have not been yet. But it is unlikely that I will have special delights from it, considering that I have been 3 times to the Maldives.
+79268278273 (WhatsApp, Viber, Telegram)
Wechat id: iurlov